Sunday, August 10, 2008

Why I should always have my camera

Today we took King Baby to the zoo, because it was cooler and actually nice outside, although it sprinkled a bit and threatened all out rain. Of all days that I could have forgotten the damn camera, today just HAD to be the day. There were a ton of good shots to be had, and I missed them all. One of the pandas was outside just chillin eating on a bunch of bamboo, which I swear to you, I have never seen before. And then there was this chicken that took a shine to King Baby and followed the stroller for a good 25 feet, just watching him; I just kept waiting for him to start pecking, but he resisted, thankfully. And then we got to watch the pelicans while they were being fed, and I tell you, they are pretty good at catching fish midair. And the polar bears, my dear friends the polar bears, who I act like a three year old around, were out too. And not only were they out, they were swimming and playing, and while we were just standing there, one jumped up and did a drive into the water right in front of us. It was awesome to watch, and although King Baby seemed quite unimpressed, I stood there for another 10 minutes just hoping he would do it again.
So, a little trip to the zoo for some Sunday afternoon fun turned out to be a nice reminder that I should always have the camera. Here's hoping that I can remember this next time and not miss out on so many cool shots. I think I'll start keeping the extra camera in the car just in case. It'll also make it easier for me to get pictures of the hookers I see walking around, because really, who doesn't want to get that shit on film?

No comments: